POSTION SUMMARY : Responsible for the delivery of assessments/intakes, individual counseling, group counseling, case management and related services to outpatient and intensive outpatient individuals with drug/alcohol problems:
- Performs comprehensive alcohol and/or drug assessments for potential patients.
- Evaluates patient needs and develops individualized treatment plans that consist of measurable and attainable treatment goals.
- Monitors patient progress and adjusts treatment plan as needed to maximize successful patient outcomes.
- Provides individual, group, family and/or couple counseling to assigned patients on a regularly scheduled basis.
- Maintains accurate and thorough clinical records reflecting services provided to patients.
- Provides outreach and consultation, prevention and treatment services as indicated by contracts and program needs.
- Engages in appropriate discharge and aftercare planning with patients.
- Monitors urine drops (same sex) as scheduled.
- Maintains documentation in a timely, thorough and accurate manner.
- Attends all staff meetings and participates in other program or agency meetings as requested.
- Participates in in-service, extramural training and/or continuing education as requested.
- Identifies and responds to high-risk events/behaviors that could jeopardize clients and/or staff.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
- Knowledge of therapeutic methods, principles and practices.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, staff and the public.
- Skills in planning, developing and implementing individualized, therapeutic treatment plans.
- Ability to provide sincere interest necessary to work with the patient population as well as exhibiting caring and respectful attitudes toward patient.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- One year full time experience providing substance abuse treatment.
- Demonstrated skills in individual, group and family counseling.
- Basic computer skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Human Services
- Appropriate certification of CADC will be required within two years of employment if not currently certified