Renz Addiction Counseling Center is a not-for-profit corporation dedicated to the prevention, intervention and treatment of addictive behaviors and disorders, and to factors often associated with addiction. The Center strives to provide the most effective preventative and clinical care in a safe and nurturing environment through teamwork approach for anyone affected by addiction or addiction related issues.
We are a community-based agency that has served those who suffer from addiction for the past 56 years.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include completing individual assessments, intakes, and facilitating individual adult, individual adolescent session, groups, and family counseling sessions at our Elgin location.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Department of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse, and Medicaid regulations, and Federal Confidentiality Regulations.
- Assessment of the client's strengths, weaknesses, problems and needs to be used in the development of the treatment plan.
- Utilization of counseling skills to assist individuals, families or groups in achieving objectives through exploration of a problem and its ramifications; examination of attitudes and feelings; consideration of alternative solutions, and decision making.
- The delivery of crisis intervention services which respond to an alcohol and/or other drug abuser's needs during acute emotional and/or physical distress
- Provision of information to individuals and groups concerning alcohol and other drug abuse, and dual disorders and the available services and resources.
- Identifying the needs of the client that cannot be met by the counselor or Agency and assisting the client to utilize the support systems and community resources available.
- Charting individual and group progress notes and other client-related data.
- Relating with counselors and other professionals in regard to client treatment services to assure comprehensive, quality care for the client.
- Facilitate weekly didactic groups
- Facilitate weekly process groups
- Facilitate individual and group sessions utilizing knowledge of various evidence based practices such as Matrix Model, Motivational Interviewing, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy etc.
- Prior experience working with adolescents and/or adults with severe addiction and clients who have mental health and addiction (MISA) concerns
- Skill in the use of motivational interviewing and engaging clients in self-directed care
- Demonstrated ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear, comprehensible manner.
- Adequate written skills to accurately complete required documentation within the time frames prescribed
- Excellent organizational and computer skills
- Self-Starter with ability to work independently and with a team
- Must complete all CANTS and State Police Background check
- Annual TB test required
- Valid driver’s license
- This individual will report to the Director of Clinical Services
Hours of Employment: Part-time 20-26 hours per week
Three days per week schedule: Mondays 3:00-9:00pm, Tuesdays 11:00am-9:00pm, and Thursdays TBD.
MSW/MA and CADC with 1 year counseling experience or BA and CADC with 2 years counseling experience required. LCSW/LCPC preferred.
Please submit resumes and salary history to [email protected]
Renz Addiction Counseling Center
Two American Way
Elgin, IL 60120
Fax (847) 742-3559