Substance Abuse Group Counselor
Direct Counseling Inc.-Woodstock, IL 60098
Direct Counseling Inc. is a for-profit corporation dedicated to the prevention, intervention, and treatment of addictive behaviors and disorders. Direct Counseling Inc strives to provide the most effective preventative and clinical care in a safe and nurturing environment through teamwork for anyone affected by addiction or addiction related issues. Here at Direct Counseling Inc we have an excellent environment to learn, grow, and help others. We are in search for other professionals who are self-motivated, reliable, and approachable who can join our team and run our evening substance abuse groups.
Part-Time, 1-3 evenings per week 5:00pm-9:30pm, 4-14 hours per week
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position requires facilitation of group(s) with possible additional hours for evaluations, charting and individual counseling.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the Division of Substance Use Prevention & Recovery (SUPR) rules and appropriate confidentiality regulations.
• Charting individual and group progress notes and other client-related data.
• Relating with counselors and other professionals in regard to client treatment services to assure comprehensive, quality care for the client.
• Facilitate weekly didactic and process groups for adult clientele.
Woodstock and Crystal Lake
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
Autonomous/Independent- Someone who is self-motivated and does not like being micro managed
People-Oriented- Enjoys interacting with people in a group setting
• Skill in the use of motivational interviewing and engaging clients in self-directed care
• Must complete all CANTS and State Police Background check
• Excellent Organizational skills
• Self-started with the ability to work independently and with a team
• Valid driver’s license
• This individual will report to the Director of Clinical Services
• Other duties as requested and as appropriate