Mercy Housing is looking for people who want to create a more humane world where poverty is alleviated, communities are healthy, and all people can develop their full potential. We believe that affordable housing and supportive programs improve the economic status of residents, transform neighborhoods and stabilize lives.
The Senior Case Manager works with residents to develop appropriate case plans and goals, and provide on-going assessment and support. Assist residents to utilize community resources to meet individual needs. Work with residents to identify their skills and abilities to promote personal growth. May mentor Case Managers I and II.
*This position will be located at multiple properties and require some local travel.*
**This is a brief description summarizing the abilities needed for the position.**
Education: Masters degree in social sciences, psychology, or related field required.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years experience working with homeless and/or low and mixed-income population in addition to experience in substance misuse and mental health. Minimum of two years of supervisory experience. Specialty in substance abuse desirable. CODP II credentials preferred; CODP I and CADC credentials will be considered depending on experience. Understanding of low-income and homeless individuals and their specific needs. Knowledge of crisis prevention, intervention, goal setting, and resolution techniques; match such techniques to particular circumstances and individuals. Assist residents to identify and gain access to the formal and informal supports available in the community.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Develop case plans.
* Manage potentially volatile situations; conflict mediation and negotiation.
* Strong conflict mediation and negotiation skills.
* Demonstrate clear, professional boundaries; act in a professional manner.
* Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
* Work in team environment.
* Proficient with MS Office, basic math and analyzing skills.
* Achieve expected results with residents.
* Treat a variety of people with respect and compassion.
* Represent Mercy Housing in a professional manner at all times
* Understand and commit to the Mission and Values of Mercy Housing.
All interested applicants should apply via Mercy Housing's website: https://www.mercyhousing.org/about/careers/
Search all jobs and search for job posting 8099
Please submit Cover Letter and Resume
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.04 /hour