Family Guidance Centers, Inc. (FGC), a not-for-profit behavioral healthcare organization, treats and prevents substance abuse, as well as an array of other related problems. Since 1969, FGC's comprehensive programming has educated and guided individuals toward their full potential as productive members within their own families and our society.
Family Guidance Centers Inc. offers opportunities for individuals with an interested in behavioral health. Our organization provides a comprehensive benefit package for full time employment that includes health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance and a 401k pension plan. Vacation, sick and personal days with 11 paid holidays off are included in our paid time off compensation package.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete comprehensive psychosocial assessment of new patients and make an informed, clinical, placement decision regarding the appropriate program and level of care.
- Complete an individualized treatment plan for each patient on caseload, addressing all needs identified in the psychosocial assessment.
- Provide group and individual sessions to patients in accordance with their treatment plan problems, goals, and objectives. In order to accommodate our patients’ needs, some evening hours are required on a rotational basis.
- Properly document all services provided in individualized progress notes per DASA, Joint Commission, CARF, and FGC regulations, standards, and policies, summarizing the patient’s status and ongoing treatment needs.
- Review and evaluate patients’ progress and continued stay in treatment in relation to measurable goals described in treatment and care plans. Modify treatment plans to comply with changes in patient status.
- Plan and assist with the implementation of aftercare and continuing recovery plans once patients are discharged from treatment programs.
- Works with patient and other staff, when necessary, to deescalate and assist with patient emergencies and crisis situations.
- Coordinates care with other treatment professionals, both within and outside the agency, to help ensure patient needs are met and increase positive treatment outcomes.
- Participate in treatment team staffing.
- Make appropriate patient referrals to outside agencies for the provision of ancillary services.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times in accordance with 42 CFR and HIPAA regulations.
Work Location: 120 North Eleventh St, Springfield IL 62703
Schedule: Monday thru Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm hours may vary depending on the needs of the agency
Number of Openings: 1
Salary starting at $35,000 with certification or license
Start Date : ASAP
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or a related discipline from an accredited institution preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: IAODAPCA Certified Alcohol and Other Drugs Counselor required. State of Illinois Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor, Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Social Worker or Licensed Clinical Social Worker preferred.
Family Guidance Centers, Inc is a Drug Free Environment, an Equal Opportunity Employer.