Family Guidance Centers, Inc. (FGC), a not-for-profit behavioral healthcare organization, treats and prevents substance abuse, as well as an array of other related problems. Since 1969, FGC's comprehensive programming has educated and guided individuals toward their full potential as productive members within their own families and our society.
Family Guidance Centers Inc. offers opportunities for individuals with an interest in behavioral health. Our organization provides a comprehensive benefit package for full time employment that includes health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, EAP and a 401k pension plan. Vacation, sick and personal days with 11 paid holidays off are included in our paid time off compensation package.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes a comprehensive assessment of care management needs (i.e. necessary service elements) and documents in SAMMS for use in initial and ongoing treatment planning.
- Monitor and document the outcome of referrals made confirming that patients accessed care and helping to evaluate the effectiveness of referrals made.
- Identifies and documents a plan with objectives and timelines for accessing and utilizing needed services
- Assists with tracking selected outcome measures such as; regular program service attendance and retention, progress on addressing reduction and elimination of substance use, engagement in supportive services including recommended healthcare for recovery and wellness maintenance, progress on employment and/or application for benefits, securing of safe housing, etc. Assist with agency tracking types and volume of referrals made and effectiveness for continued understanding of population needs, community resources and barriers to care.
- Effectively summarizes patient needs and progress offering feedback that will assist the multidisciplinary team within and outside the organization in planning and modifying the treatment plan
Number of Position Openings: 1
Schedule: Monday thru Friday 8:00am - 4:30 pm with weekends rotation. Hours may vary based on program and caseload needs.
Start Date: October 1, 2020
Salary starts at $15.00
Family Guidance Centers, Inc. is an EEO, Drug Free employer.
Education and Experience: Minimum bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work or related field with relevant social service field internship or some related experience. Master’s Degree preferred but not required. Understanding of substance use disorders, mental disorders, and importance of well- coordinated care required. Basic knowledge of the local care service delivery system and skills in motivating patient behavior and coordinating direct care linkage required. Two years of experience working with substance use and/or mental health preferred.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations: IAODAPCA Assessment and Referral Specialist (CARS) is required. Specifically noted, CARS is required at minimum within 2 years from date of hire, Additionally, Certified Alcohol and Other Drugs Counselor (CADC) is preferred.