As Illinois’ largest provider of substance abuse treatment, joining the team at Gateway Foundation Alcohol & Drug Treatment offers valuable experience with a variety of treatment methods as well as an opportunity to collaborate with skilled experts about a diverse clientele. Gateway welcomes the challenge of constant improvement and is proud to uphold the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval. In addition to a competitive salary, Gateway offers employees health benefits, dental insurance, career advancement, training and development and on-site clinical supervision to individuals pursuing certifications and licensures.
Admissions Counselors (CADC, LPC, LSW) are responsible for:
• Coordinating admission into treatment program by conducting interviews of clients or their representatives to obtain relevant information, completing comprehensive assessment, and preparing initial treatment plan
• Determining eligibility for insurance coverage or medical assistance
• Completing admission forms and obtaining necessary consent signatures
• Responding to inquiries regarding treatment program and available services
• In residential centers, completing census counts and maintaining waiting lists
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent education and life experience, with a minimum of 100 hours of documented clinical training in counseling theory and practice required. Master's degree highly preferred.
• Current certification as a substance abuse counselor (CADC) or higher licensure (LPC, LSW) in the state of IL, required
• Minimum 2 years of previous experience in substance abuse or mental health counseling required
• Ability to work Tuesday-Saturday, day shift
Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females and individuals with a disability and protected veterans.