Attention! This job posting is 7 days old and might be already filled.
||September 25, 2012
|Contact Phone Number
|Contact Fax Number
|Contact EMail Address
|Street Address 2
|Street Address 1
||9901 S. Western Avenue
||Anchor Staffing, Inc/Illinois Mental Health Collaborative
|Submitted by Name
- Promote recovery, resilience and hope by providing training and support individually or in a group to consumers, families and mental health professionals.
- Provide peer and family support by telephone for persons receiving public mental health services in Illinois.
- Assist consumers and family members in filing complaints and grievances.
- Work with a team to develop and edit consumer and family education materials.
- Provide technical assistance to consumer and family groups.
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services, Communications or related field preferred.
Certified Recovery Support Specialist (CRSS) credential, or demonstration of the CRSS competencies and ability to achieve the credential within one year of date of hire required.
Professional Responsibility: Demonstrate competency in computer, organizational, and telephone communication skills.
Recovery Support: Help persons access the mental health services and supports that will help them attain their individual recovery goals.
Advocacy: Help individuals to communicate effectively to get their needs met. Promote the principles of individual choice and self-determination.
Mentoring: Invest in others’ personal or professional development. Support consumers and families during ordinary and extraordinary times.
Personal experience in recovery from a mental illness, or a combination of a mental illness and substance abuse, or experience as a parent supporting a child’s recovery, is valued.